Mental Illness refers to a variety of mental health conditions. Depending on the situation, it can affect your mood, thinking, and behaviour. Some examples of these conditions are depression, bipolar, PTSD, anxiety, etc. If the mental illness is ongoing, it can eventually start taking control of your life. Which can later cause problems with your work, schooling, and relationships with others.
Some may wonder, how would you know if you are experiencing mental illness? The answer to that question is it depends on the disease. However, some common symptoms are feeling sad more than usual, fears and or worries all the time, alcohol or drug abuse, suicide thoughts, anger, and withdrawal from friends, family, and regular activities.
Mental illness can also have a negative impact on a person physically; such as stomach pain, back pain, neck pain, and headaches. There are also specific risk factors that can cause someone to develop later mental health problems including, a blood relative who deals with mental health, financial issues, brain damage, and being abused and or negated as a child.
How to prevent a mental illness?
There is no exact way to stop mental illness. However, you should pay attention to warning signs early and let your doctor know immediately, and take good care of yourself. If anyone ever feels as they will harm their self, or someone else.
Here are some people you can reach out to:
• Call 911 or your local emergency number immediately.
• Call your mental health specialist.
• Contact a minister, spiritual leader or someone else in your faith community.
• Call a suicide hotline number — in the U.S. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255).
• This link is also extremely useful, which has a wide range of countries and hotlines:
Leave a Reply.
Edited by: Purified & Vibrational